.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, August 05, 2004

 

My Firefox extensions

Once I downloaded Firefox, I needed some additional stuff so that either it would behave like the IE front end, Crazy Browser (drag and drop tabs, and typed URL in new tab), or would enhance my surfing experience (adblocking, better information searching). The extensions are listed in no particular order.

BugMeNot (web|XPI) When visiting a site that requires registration, you can get a login via the context menu from this extension.

All-in-One Gestures (web|XPI) It took awhile it get used to moving the mouse to close a tab or to switch tabs, but once you're used to it you try to do it in other browsers or in other application on you computer.

Adblock (web|XPI) Blocks annoying ads.

BBcode (web|XPI) Context menu for BBCode formatting PHPBB message boards.(Intro usage guide)

Url2NewTab (web|XPI) I needed this because after typing a URL in and hitting enter, I expected the URL to open in a new tab.

Firesomething (web|XPI) Not absolutely necessary, or highly productive, but offers an amusing window title such as "Mozilla Moonoyster."

DictionarySearch (web|XPI) Does what it says. Highlight a word and search for it via the context menu.

SessionSaver (web|XPI) Another feature that I missed from Crazy Browser. SessionSaver stores the pages you were visiting from your last session, and restores them on your next.

Single Window(web|XPI) Keeps your links from opening a new browser window and forces them in a new tab.

Bloglines Toolkit (web|XPI) An extension that add a indicator to the status bar if you have any unread items in Bloglines.

Translate (web|XPI) Occationally I'll run into a site that I need to translate, and having the plugin is easier that trying to remember the website

MiniT (drag & indicator) (web|XPI) Drag 'n Drop, another feature I miss.

Spellbound (web) Who doesn't need a bit of spell check?

I'll add/update this list as I change what extensions actively get used.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?