.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

 

The Village

I saw The Village Sunday night and all I can say is WOW! It is definitely in my top-ten list of movies. Even though I've only seen two of M. Night's movies (Signs and The Village), I can't wait to see his first three, plus any others that he will make. Going back to The Village, I love how the movie unfolds around this small community that slowly has more and more happenings caused by Those We Don't Speak Of. I found it enjoyable that the movie seems to focus of the life of the villagers with actions by Those We Don't Speak Of as a secondary nuisance, but that as the movie progresses we (the audience) become aware that the existence of Those We Don't Speak Of is closely related to the existence of the town. The twist ending was something I didn't expect, but made the movie more enjoyable. Go see it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?