.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, January 10, 2005

 
Sunday night I put my backpack outside at work, right next to the parcel pickup area, so that the milk I had would still be good on break. It was filled with my dinner (chocolate milk, brownie, cheese stick, and yogurt), my second work uniform, my water bottle, a Gulf War surplus Bible, and a couple miscellaneous items such as pens and a crappy pair of headphones. In a half hour period either evolution gave it legs or somebody took it. The people working in the area of where the bag disappeared from knew it was mine and I don't believe that they were either trying to prank me or would even steal it from me. This morning before work I walked around the building to see if someone took it, and seeing that it had nothing of value, threw it in a dumpster. No Luck. I've alternated between two emotions about it since it's happened:
There wasn't more than $30 worth of stuff stolen, so it's not like I feel very 'robbed', but it still adds more hassle to my life right now than I wanted.

Update: On Tuesday my backpack was found a couple blocks away sans food and water bottle.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?