.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, June 23, 2005

 

Maybe I'm a fool

I think today was probably the hottest day that we will have for a while. And since it was my day off from work, I decided it would be good to do something other than watch TV or play on the computer. The Lux Truck has been needing a cleaning for some time, so today was the day. I spent 13 hours unloading, organizing, and repacking everything on there. And I'm not even done. Only a couple more hours will be needed to finish.

Actually the temperature wasn't that bad. During the day it was 80* F when I started, peaked around 95* F midafternoon, and was at 80* F when I was done for the night. Not overworking yourself, frequent breaks, and the lack of humidity made it bearable.

Midafternoon I spent some time wading in our inflable pool. After awhile I got into a squirt gun fight with my siblings. During the ensuing melee, my eight-year-old brother refills his gun in the pool and shouts "Don't shoot me, I'm just a citizen reloading my gun!" So I shot at him anyways.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?