.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, June 05, 2006

 

Weekend

Drove through Dallas, WI.

I fished for the first times in about 5 years and only caught lily pads.

I got to drive a tractor and tinker with some old "putt-putt" type engines.

Also we went to the service at a traditional Lutheran church. Probably the most interesting thing for me was the large age differences. About half the people were over 50, in their 30's or 40's with kids, or kids themselves. The only people that I recognized as being close to my age were seniors in high school that were being honored during a part of the service.

The other interesting thing was communion. One by one the people in the pews went up to the alter, where they kneeled and were given the bread and wine.

A comment I have is that without someone leading worship, it is very easy to get lost in a hymn.

But organs are cool.

Comments:
I have decided that we should now call you by the name of "Jables" (from your nickname of "JB").
 
I think you should record a podcast on your thoughts about Topher's suggestion... and for a special guest? you decide
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?