.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, June 29, 2007

 

iPhone

DB and myself visited someone we cannot speak of at his job we cannot speak of that just released the iPhone. It. is. awesome.

Both DB and myself each had 10-15 minutes playing with it. The touch screen works just like it does in the demos. Typing on the screen wasn't as bad as I expected. My typing accuracy increased after just a couple minutes with it. I was even able to post a comment on Ben's blog. Coverflow and scrolling through long lists was fun.

It's even physically smaller than I had expected. It is only a little bigger than the 30/80GB iPods, but would still fit comfortable in a pocket.

What I found to be the most interesting thing about this Apple Store visit was the people. We had taken our leave of Topher and began to browse the other fine hardware product from Apple, when store employees began to approach us to see if we needed help. At this time, the store was now beginning to reach a 1:1 ratio of customers to employees. It became difficult to find different ways to say that I (we) didn't need any help.

The other interesting thing was watching the customers. The curly-haired, messenger-bag-carrying, shorts-and-sandals creative blogger types. The gay guy with a lisp you could hear across the store. My favorite was the walking as they hug boyfriend and girlfriend who barely let go of each other to play with an iPhone.

I'd really like to buy one, but would have a hard time justifying it. Though I am seriously considering getting rid of my cable TV and buying an iPhone. Thoughts?

Labels: ,


Comments:
an iPhone isn't something you really justify, it's like a tasty dessert at the end of a meal where you know that the dessert will hit the spot and leave you the perfect amount of full yet you know that you'll survive just fine without it but you know how good it will be and how much more you will enjoy life because of it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?