.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

 

Can I get a little more Guitar in my monitor?

I get so frustrated with Windows. Azotus's sound card hadn't worked all summer because it needed the right drivers. I had the file with the drivers, but it wouldn't install. Since having sound wasn't a high priority, I decided to forget about it.

Last week my brother went to a garage sale and found a sound card from around 1993 for me to use. So last night, just before performing surgery to add the new sound card, I checked the device manager to remember what it said was wrong with my old one. Now it read "the device is working properly." Seeing that it should be working fine, I connected speakers, and sound came out!!! Now it's working again. I wish I could explain it, but I can't. I guess that's Windows for ya. (I still want a Mac)

Since I could listen to the music I have on my computer, I listened to the DiJohn concert from the last Spring Conference, Inside (from the Lux Gathering 7-30-04) by Ben Tipler, and Dim by Nada. This also means that I can listen to messages I've saved from Noel Heikkinen.

(The post title is a quote from Suarez at the beginning of one of the Nada recordings. I believe that on this track Nada consisted of Chris on drums, Suarez on guitar, Dave on bass and vocals, and Ben on vocals.)

Comments:
i'm actually just a groupy of NADA, they excel my musical abilities so I just hang around the band in hopes for scraps
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?